We celebrate life and make sure the residents we support do too!
It’s not just about the elderly care we provide, it’s also about making sure we help our residents live their life to the full. That’s why our team work hard to create an imaginative calendar of activities, including:
- Person-centred activities based on residents’ hobbies & interests we learn about during our reminiscing sessions and through relatives
- ‘Oaklands Air’ – our fun & engaging armchair travel experience
- Arts & crafts and baking sessions
- Gardening and outdoor walks
- Specially adapted exercise classes
- Lively sing-a-longs
- Visiting musicians and singers
- Interactive technology with puzzles and sensory games
We also love a themed day or two! From a Texan barn dance to summer carnivals, our residents enjoy decorating the home and celebrating together!
Of course, where’re not always on the go here at Oaklands. We all need quiet moments from time to time, which is why we make sure there are cosy corners for residents to sit back and relax with a paper or enjoy a hand massage and pampering.
We are also pleased to offer the following additional services to our residents
- Local GP visits
- Dentist appointments
- Optician visits
- Weekly hairdressing visits
- Library visits
View our latest activities
View May’s activities calendar here