To achieve this, we have implemented a series of new measures, which are outlined below.
- The team are LFD (rapid) tested twice weekly at the beginning of their shifts. This is in addition to the weekly and monthly tests.
- Anyone who enters Oaklands Rest Home will be asked to carry out a rapid test, wash their hands, have their temperature checked and answer our screening questions before entry is permitted.
- The team at Oaklands have all had specific training on outbreak management and drills have been taking place to ensure we are prepared should an outbreak occur.
- When a new resident arrives, they will need to spend 14 days in their own room. They will never feel isolated during this time, as they will be assigned their own care team who will be on hand 24/7 to provide all the support and companionship they need. Whilst residents won’t be able to see family members for 14 days, they can stay in touch via regular video calls. The new resident will be tested regularly during the first 10 days of their stay.
- We know how important it is for residents and their loved ones to have face to face contact, so we have introduced a variety of different visits. For more information, please see our infographic below.
- The fun hasn’t stopped at Oaklands. Our in-house activities team have been working hard to ensure the care home remains as comfortable and sociable as possible for residents.
- Our newsletter schedule has been changed from monthly, to weekly. This is to help residents’ families stay updated and connected with what’s going on in the home.
Your ongoing support and co-operation are greatly appreciated during these difficult times.
You can rest assured that the Oaklands’ team are all committed to providing an outstanding level of care, whilst keeping our residents, visitors and staff as safe as possible. And as you would expect, we continue to take every reasonable precaution and follow the daily advice provided by the government, NHS and WHO.
If you have any questions about any of the measures we are taking, please do not hesitate to contact the Manager/Head of Care, or email email@example.com.